Monday 16 June 2014

Birthday, School Stuff And More! ~ Sahira

Birthday, School Stuff And More! ~ Sahira

Hey everyone, I'm still alive! It has been really stressful for me during these last 2 months because of these exams but nonetheless I hope I have worked hard enough to get good GCSE results, I guess. It has been nearly a month, well I think about a month I'm not sure to be honest, since my 16th birthday.

 I received money off my parents and bought some amazing turquoise tie dye converse! I actually love them so much, I wanted to have different converse other than the trending and popular white/cream converse (don't get me wrong, I still love like every converse trainers there are!) and so bought them off The House Of Fraser. It was good fast delivery, however the converse brand box was slightly damaged:(


My oldest sister got me the basics of make-up because I hardly ever wear it, but I'm going to start to wear some now. Beth had no idea what to get me, but in the end she got me a beautiful personalised bracelet and the colours on it are so pretty! (personalised things are great for me, my name is not that common and I can never usually find my names in gift stores!). 
One of my friends made me a purple and blue loom band bracelet, which is really nice. Loom bands bracelets are becoming quite a trend now and I actually feel proud to know how to make them, it is actually get easy, once you get the hang of it. (But sometimes you've actually got to watch out if anyone flicks a single loom band at you LOL) I've made quite a lot of them now.
 My best friend, Alina got me some JLS perfume and it honestly smells so good! I love the scent of that perfume. Some of my friends have not got me anything yet because they have been focussing on their exams, which I do not mind. I just really wanted to do something for my birthday for instance have a birthday party/meal but unfortunately I did not make such plans because I was aware that my friends would have to revise for their exams, which is very important.








I would also like to tell you guys some tips for exams, based on experience :

1)REVISE as early as possible. (I didn't and I totally regret it)

2)Manage your time carefully during the exam, bring a watch or ask an invigilator what time it is when you need to. (In a history exam, a day before my birthday aswell, I missed out a 12 mark question as I had ran out of time and that question was one I could have answered quite well.)

3)READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY, I always underline the command term and keywords in the question to make sure I understand it, I always make silly mistakes that I realise after the exam has finished and me and my friends are discussing the answers. But we are all human and we make common errors...

4)ALWAYS ANSWER THE QUESTION, even if you do not know the answer and still have time, it is better to make a guess and you could still gain some marks. Especially if you are unsure on a tick box, just make a guess! (It is better than just leaving it out and losing marks)

5)Do not be afraid to ask the teacher is you are struggling in a certain topic just because you are embarrassed, just imagine how MORE embarrassed you would feel by not doing well in that area if it actually appears on the exam paper.

It is actually quite scary to be thinking I'll be starting college in September and be doing A-Levels. GCSE's are quite hard, now I'm going to have study hard and extremely concentrate in sixth form. It was nearly most of Year 11's last day on Friday 13th June (we had our maths exam, it was solid, friday the 13th certainly does live up to its name, I really want to get a B especially for my career path, I know I am going to get a C though) but since I still have triple science to do, my last exam is on the 23rd June.

 I had my triple Biology B3 exam today in the morning, it went ok, considering I did not do enough revision. I just wish I did more and I felt even more guilty because when I came in the morning to do some last minute revision, me and my friend were skimming through the pages of the revision guide. I kept saying certain topics such as Haemophilia and Monoclonal Antibodies were not going to come up and guess what? They both did! I'm glad that ADH came up and enzyme technology were on it, but unfortunately my ultimate weakest topic is the menstrual cycle and it came up on the 6 point question! Another tip, always revise your weaknesses because, well to my luck, they always come up! Also always bring a calculator for all science exams if allowed to, trust me, its useful. Now I have to revise for the hardest exams ever (in my opinion anyway), Triple Chemistry and Triple Physics!!!!! :'(

I can't wait till my Prom, it is on the 26th of June, I got my dress in March and my sister will be doing my make-up. I might blog or even vlog Prom. I've already paid for my ticket and hopefully it will be such a fun night. For my next blog post, I might show you some really sweet entries of my Year 11 Leaver's book. Oh my days, I watched a Hunger Games Spoof yesterday and it was quite funny, but a bit random. But I will still always love The Hunger Games and of course Divergent<4 I haven't watched that many youtubers in a long time, like I used to. I am definitely going to as soon as my exams have finished. 

ALSO, The Fault In Our Stars is going to be released in cinemas, THIS THURSDAY. Time has gone so fast, I've been avoiding TFIOS fandoms on instagram because of the threat of MAJOR SPOILERS. But, I really wanna watch the movie, despite the fact I haven't read the book yet and most of my friends have and keep telling me to read it! The trailer for the movie is perfect. ANSEL ELGORT AND SHAILENE WOODLEY THOUGH.

I also bought these injection pens off Ebay, they are pretty cool to be honest. They are good pens and I wrote with one of them for an exam and that exam went really well for me. (Well atleast I think it did) I have given most of the pens away to my friends. On Friday 6th June, me and my friend were so angry after the additional Biology exam, it was horrible. 

What annoyed me the most, was the fact that some of the questions were worded quite confusingly and also I had done really nice past papers for that same exam unit and done quite well. The grade boundaries will have to go down as they are very high for biology and I hope the grade boundaries are in my favour on Thursday 21st August 2014, aka RESULTS DAY. (one of the most scariest days for a student)



LAST WEDNESDAY, THE IN HINDSIGHT BAND CAME TO MY SCHOOL AND GUESS WHAT? ONLY YEAR 7, 8 AND 9 GOT TO SEE THEM PERFORM LIVE WHILST YEAR 11'S INCLUDING ME AND BETH WERE IN A REVISION SESSION, SO NOT FAIR!:( WE DIDN'T EVEN GET THEIR AUTOGRAPHS, I'VE WATCHED THEIR YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD TO BE HONEST. LOL, I followed each of their instagram accounts though:) They have been doing a lot of performances in high schools lately which I saw on their facebook page.



QOTD - What is your favourite song at the moment?

Mine is ' It's My Birthday By Will.I.AM Ft Cody Wise ', listen to this song k?

~Sahira





No comments:

Post a Comment